Total Yoga Immersion - Tampa, FL
Three week - 230 hour Intensive Yoga Teacher Training Certification
Through Yoga Alliance and the Asheville Yoga Center
This program is our comprehensive training, which runs over three weeks. It is the same curriculum as our 9-weekend over 7-months program. This type of learning works best for those that like to immerse themselves deeply into their studies. This also works for folks that can dedicate a three week stretch to their studies more easily than stretching it out over 9-weekends and 7 months. The Total Yoga Immersion is offered several times a year in a variety of South Eastern cities.
Do you have questions, comments or concerns? Please contact us.
We are no longer offering teacher trainings at this location, but the same program is available in beautiful Asheville NC. Check dates here
The popular Asheville Yoga Center Teacher Trainings will now be available at Yogani in Tampa, FL. The curriculum will be identical to the Asheville program. The only difference in the two programs, besides location, will be fewer instructors. The three most senior teachers will be teaching the entire program.
classes are held at Yogani in Tampa, FL
1112 W. Platt Street
Tampa, FL 33606
Everything You Need to Know
Our 230 hour program is an intensive-study course for those wanting to deepen their understanding of Yoga, as well as prepare students to teach and practice safely, successfully, and compassionately. We will cover all the physical, philosophical and scientific aspects of Yoga, by introducing you to some of the best Yoga specialists here in the Southeast. Because of our incredible curriculum, many schools are mimicking our program. What a testimony to excellence!
We aim to break free of any dogma, ritual or sectarian approach by introducing many styles of Yoga: Iyengar, Anusara, and Flow are the major styles covered, while we also explore Ashtanga, Kundalini, Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy, Desikachar, Restorative, Partner, Bikram, Therapeutic, Psychological and more, in the most compassionate, humorous and thorough of ways. Creativity and personal inspiration will be encouraged as you develop your “own” teaching style.
However, you don’t have to be a teacher, nor even desire to become a teacher to attend these courses. Your Yoga practice will reach new heights as you become more grounded and peaceful through this ancient practice. All classes are held in the beautiful sunny studio at 211 S. Liberty St in Asheville NC. The certificate you receive will be another step on your path to greater self-awareness and understanding, enabling you to Live your Truth that is Your Yoga.
Our 230 hour program is the first step, open to any serious student of Yoga who has been studying with a teacher for a minimum of six months. Even if you have been teaching Yoga for 20 years, this is an important first step as we start from the beginning for everyone, so we can all safely teach a beginning level Yoga class. Our average student body ranges from ages 22 - 65 years.
- What people are saying
“I can never thank you enough not just for teaching me Yoga, but giving me hope through the practice to face this most difficult world.”
-J. Blume, Kannapolis, NC
I enjoyed the range of subjects covered and the way we tackled them, including other yoga instructors and their different styles. This kind of exposure probably wouldn't have occurred at other institutions”
- N. Conrad, Cornelius, NC
“Stephanie is a wise and wonderful teacher. She shares her vast knowledge of yoga and meditation in more than words, but in the mindfulness and compassion she imparts in every moment of interaction with her students.
- E. Lang, Spartanburg, SC
“I was in awe of the education I have received ....much deeper and more
technical than anything I gained from Medical courses taken in the past.. thank you...Yoga is now my passion, my Life.”
- S. Dulken, Fairview, NC
- Our Incredible Staff
Stephanie Keach RYA500, has been teaching Yoga since 1988. Originally from Santa Barbara, CA, she has studied with most of the top yoga teachers, including her favorites: Ana Forrest, Erich Schiffman, Rodney Yee, Rod Stryker and Bryan Kest. Her Zen -Buddhist background brings a meditative style to the class.
Stephanie, owner and operator of the Asheville Yoga Center has produced the Flow Yoga video series and The Yoga Handbook. She currently teaches Flow Yoga classes, retreats, workshops and teacher trainings throughout the country. Stephanie resides in Asheville with her husband and three boys. Steph is so respected as a teacher because she is so down-to-earth, real and comfortable with herself. She is a master teacher, full of knowledge, experience and intuitive insight, well loved by many.
Stephanie specializes in over-seeing the program so that everyone's needs are more than met and hearts are opened wide. She is the Yoga Mama Bear of AYC..
Joe Taft is a certified Anusara Yoga instructor who has dedicated himself to the practice of yoga since 1997. His teaching style is approachable, lighthearted, uplifting and transformational. Joe interweaves Anusara’s life-affirming and heartfelt approach into his classes through myth, storytelling, Tantric philosophy and the wisdom gathered through his own life’s journey. He has completed hundreds of training hours with John Friend, Sianna Sherman and other senior Anusara instructors. Joe has a keen awareness of body biomechanics and a long history as a devoted athlete. He is an inspiration to yoga teachers and students alike.
Shala has a deep yoga practice and teaching style that reflects over 12 years of study. She invites students to cultivate the exploration of the physical and spiritual realms. As a teacher, Shala offers a blend of the benefits of yoga in the alignment traditions of Iyengar, and flowing aspects of Ashtanga and Vinyasa, always including therapeutic yoga, Yin yoga, meditation, pranayama and yoga philosophy. She embodies a balanced sense of grace, delicate flow, and attention to detail - a direct result of her passion for practicing yoga in nature and our innate connection to the Earth and the Cosmos. She inspires the student to touch their own yogic soul, bringing asana practice to life from within. Shala currently lives in Asheville, NC, teaching at the Asheville Yoga Center and directing the Asheville School of Massage and Yoga. Shala will be teaching most of the training.
Since he can remember, Michael’s parents were his first and perfect Teachers in this life. In a way, everyone he meets continues to teach him perfectly by being examples of both how and how not to live. Among the many teachers who continue teach him, he has learned from Sri Swami Satchidananda, Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, Sharon Gannon, David Life, Geshe Michael Roach, Lama Christie McNally, Lama Marut, Kimberley Theresa, and his beloved partner, Stephanie.
It is his honor, privilege and hope to return the kindness that so many people have bestowed upon him, by teaching the highest practices of Yoga to all levels of practitioners… responsibly, joyfully, and in a way that will help others achieve their goals in this life and beyond.
- Alignment Principles
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Anusara Principles
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Bandhas (locks)
- Bhagavad Gita
- Bhavana (visualization)
- Chair Yoga
- Chanting (Kirtan and Vedic chants)
- Communication skills
- Different approaches to broadening your belief of what Yoga is
- Emotions and yoga (depression, anxiety, addiction, PTSD)
- Ethics – including Yamas and Niyamas
- Hands On Adjustments
- Home Practice
- Jivamukti yoga
- Kids Yoga
- Kundalini yoga
- Languaging (communication skills)
- Lesson Planning
- Mantra Meditation
- Meditation practices from Yogic and Buddhist lineages
- Nutrition (yogic)
- Pathology and Injuries
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga
- Psychology and yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Savasana massage
- Senior Yoga
- Student Assisting (hands on assisting for another teacher)
- Student Teaching (peer and public)
- Sun Salutation history and lineages (surya namaskar)
- Sutras of Patanjali
- Tantric Theory and History
- Tapas (building internal heat)
- Vinyasa Krama (the art of class sequencing)
- Ways to avoid pitfalls with your asana, pranayama, or meditation practices
- Ways to enhance and strengthen your personal practice
- Women’s health (pregnancy, menstruation, menopause)
- Yin Yoga
- Peer Review of student teaching
- Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Curriculum Requirements and Hours
The following curriculum requirements are strongly emphasized:
- commitment to the entire program
- practice meditation or pranayama at least 10-20 minutes a day
- practice asana at least 1/2 to 2 hours a day
- daily journal writing to record above practice
- one research paper: 5-10 pages due 8th weekend (topics assigned first weekend)
- several 1-2 page book reports and biographies
- 11 required textbooks + additional reading means lots of reading!!
- Dates and Times
October 9 - 27
Tuesdays - Sundays
9am - 6pm
(1.5 hr lunch on average)
- Required Reading
The following list is the required reading of the Asheville Yoga Center 3 Week Immersion Teacher Training Program. All books can be purchased in advance directly from the Asheville Yoga Center.
Cost for the entire bundle is $225 (includes s&h) and can be purchased here: BUY 200hour BUNDLE. In-store cost is $200.
The Yoga Handbook, An Inspirational Reference for Teaching and Home Practice, Stephanie Keach, $40 Buy now
Light On Yoga, BKS Iyengar
Yoga - The Spirit & Practice of Moving into Stillness, Erich Schiffman
Bhagavad Gita, the Stephen Mitchell translation
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Sw. Satchitananda
The Heart of Yoga, Desikachar
Back Care Basics, Mary Pulling Shatz
Yoga Anatomy, Leslie Kaminoff
The Miracle of Mindfulness, Thich Nhat Hanh
The Breathing Book, Donna Fahr
- Tuition is$2900
- Payment options
- Pay in full $2900
- Or pay $600 deposit now
- Balance is due on the first day of class or pay $767 due each Monday during the Training.
- Full payment or a deposit of $600 is needed to secure your placement.
- Tuition does not include accommodations, books or teacher training manual.
- Because this is one of the most popular Teacher Training Programs in the South East, we will accept the first 28 applicants that qualify for the 9 weekend programs and only the first 22 applicants that qualify for the Immersions. Once the programs fill, there will be a waiting list you can join.
- Programs fill months before the starting date.
- Some scholarships available on a first come basis.
- We accept checks, cash, Visa, MC
- Already a teacher training graduate, but wanting to repeat? Discounts available. Because Stephanie's practice is always expanding and changing, so are her trainings, and many students have asked about repeating a training. Stephanie offers a 30% discount to repeat the same training, just register online with a regular deposit, making a note to Stephanie to include the 30% discount of the entire program when she sends you the balance due. YA credit can be applied.
- Stephanie offers a 10% discount to students who graduated from any of her 5-day vinyasa or 230-hour trainings; and who are then interested in taking the 5-day or 230 hour training with her. Just register online with a regular deposit, making a note to Stephanie to include the 10% discount of the entire program when she sends you the balance due.
- Cancellation Policy
- Application Process
Students must fill out an application in order to make payments and reserve a spot in the trainings. Please fill out the application below before you register.
- Prerequisites Required
Applicants are chosen on a first come basis, with the following prerequisites being met:
- a minimum of six-month’s experience with any live teacher (or many teachers) in any style of Hatha Yoga (this is so you don't apply with only dvd or video learning)
- to want to safely teach a beginning level Yoga class.
- a desire to enhance your own Yoga practice
- a desire to broaden your belief of what Yoga is
- a desire to Live Your Yoga
- a desire to open your heart to its fullest
Do you have questions, comments or concerns? Please contact us.