NEW! 50-Hour Yoga Training Program
Build a Foundation for Your Personal Practice
& The First Steps on Your Teaching Journey
Asheville Yoga Center has been training yoga teachers for over 25 years. Many of our students joined a Yoga Teacher Training to deepen their relationship to yoga and invest time and energy into their asana practice – and exploring whether they want to teach yoga.
We realized that 200hrs of training is a big investment for students not yet convinced they want to teach – so we created something new!
We are excited to add a shorter 50hr offering to our training schedule – an experience that will deepen your relationship to practice while offering those first steps on the path to becoming a teacher!
An Investment in Yourself
Even if teaching ends up not being for you, you will leave this training with 50 hrs of hands-on instruction from a cohort of incredibly talented, accepting, and compassionate teachers who will guide your asana (poses) practice, and in your introduction to taking your practice off the mat and living yoga as a life philosophy.
All Are Welcome!
Our program is built to nurture every student or teacher at any level – our philosophy is that there are “Many Paths that lead to One Truth” We provide the core essentials and encourage you to follow your destiny through different paths of yoga. In yoga, we are all students who are looking to share and learn in community. In this training we aim to meet each student in their body and at their level. All are welcome in this training!
50-Hour Yoga Training Program:
No Previous Experience Required
Knowledge of Basic Asana
Our 50-hour program is built for students who are interested in investing in their yoga practice, and would like to build a foundation before diving into the remaining 150 hours of training required by Yoga Alliance to lead a class.
Learn more about the 150-hour follow-up program that qualifies for 200HR Yoga Alliance Certification
This course will include:
- A new posture sequence that will grow and expand as you continue on your training journey with Asheville Yoga Center.
- Introductions to basic yoga philosophy, asana (poses), and breathing techniques that will help you create a personal practice to enhance your everyday life.
- This training will also feature a unique crossover with Yoga’s sister science, Ayurveda.
This is a unique offering that will build your confidence as a practitioner and is suitable for all levels.
Benefits of 50-Hour Yoga Training Program
Expand Your Practice
Build Your Knowledge of Yoga
Our 2-weekend program is an accessible option for students who have commitments during the week and would like to split up their training into two weekend sessions.
This is a hybrid training – and available both online and in-person in Asheville, North Carolina.
February 3-5, 2023 & February 17-19, 2023: 50 Hour YTT
- 50 Yoga Alliance hours that can later be applied to your 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification
- A Unique AYC Class Sequence with an array of ways to evolve it for different body types
- Partnership with the Ayurvedic Institute
- Guest teachers and Kīrtan performers
- Immersion and Weekend schedule options
Weekend track Early Bird Discount until Jan. 13, 2023
This training is for you if…
You want to deepen your practice
You want to expand your community
You are curious about yoga teacher training but not sure about 200 hours yet
You miss practicing in a group environment
You previously taught yoga but want to refresh your knowledge
You’re looking to heal
Why Train with AYC?
Wherever you are in your journey we will meet you there! Since we opened as the first yoga studio in Asheville, NC, we have built a robust community over the course of the 25 years we have served the community and beyond. We are so proud of this inclusive and welcoming environment and want our training to emulate that as well.
- We are here to meet you in your practice, you don’t need to be a “yogi” to feel at home
- We are situated on a healing campus with our partners, The Ayurvedic Institute and AyurPrana led by Dr. Vasant Lad
- We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment where all students, guests and faculty feel welcomed and engaged in the practice of yoga. We believe that yoga extends beyond the classroom and is meant to be shared with our community to bring accessibility to the yoga world.
- Commitment to sustainability: our solar-powered, environmentally sustainable campus is one of the few in the country designed specifically for yoga. Enjoy a beautiful campus with edible, aromatic plants and native trees.
Connect with Programs at AYC
Are you looking to get more information about our program and how it may fit with your schedule? Do you have specific questions about training at AYC?
Schedule a call with the Programs Coordinator to get your questions answered! Click this button and please select a date/time that works best for you to connect.
Absolutely not! If teaching yoga isn’t your passion or you aren’t sure if that is something you wish to pursue, we are here to support you in your yoga journey all the same.
We try to make it as simple as possible. After reading this FAQ list, if you still have questions you can contact our program director. Then, when confident, pay the full tuition amount via the registration link, and that’s it! You will receive an immediate email of payment confirmation.
Trainings will have anywhere from 10 to 40 students in them. Many of our programs fill up, so don’t wait too long to enroll! If you are wanting to be in a smaller group, let us know, we can direct you to the programs that we feel will best suit your needs.